You have decided that the best printer for you is a Laser Printer. Now you have to decide Monochrome or Color.
What is a Monochrome Laser?
It uses only black toner. All color images will be printed in gray scale.
- Only one toner cartridge to replace.
- Black Toner is less expensive than color toners.
- Usually smaller footprint than a color printer.
- Sometimes you want some color in your printing.
2. Color Lasers
A Color Laser uses four toners: Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow.
- Adds excitement to your documents
- You have the choice to use color or black only.
- Color Laser printers cost more than Monochrome Laser printer.
- Color toner is more expensive than black.
- Color printers tend to be large.
If you do not do a lot of color printing, don’t let the cost of the toners put you off.
I bought a color laser 8 years ago. My daughter told me I was crazy. The cost of the color toners would be more than the price of the printer. I still am working with the original color toners. Zero money spent on color toners.